This low-calorie vegetarian breakfast with sundried tomatoes, spinach, leeks and cheese is the perfect way to start a day.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 x 100g bags baby spinach leaves
- handful fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 25g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- 4 sundried tomato, chopped
- 4 medium egg
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a pan and add the leeks, onions and seasoning. Cook for 15-20 mins until soft and beginning to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together.
- Arrange the leek and onion mixture between 4 ovenproof dishes, then scatter with the spinach and pieces of sundried tomato. Make a well in the middle of each dish and crack an egg in it. Season and sprinkle with cheese crumbs. Put the dishes on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 mins, until the whites are set and yolks are cooked to your liking.